Write the name of the term that describes the phrase.
1. Two different alleles of a gene are both expressed with no blending in a heterozygousindividual
2. Non-identical chromosomes that determine male or female
3. The functional units of DNA; short segments of chromosomes
4. The allele that is expressed in a heterozygous individual
5. Two or more alternate forms or variations of a gene
6. The genetic composition for a trait
7. Individual having identical alleles for a gene
8. 22 pairs of chromosomes that determine most of the body traits
9. The allele that is not expressed in heterozygous alleles
10. The physical or functional expression of a genetic trait
11. Possessing all of the normal number of chromosomes
12. Possessing half of the normal number of chromosomes
13. Explain what a “carried’ for an allele of a gene means.
14. Distinguish between a phenotype and a genotype.
15. How do we obtain two copies of each gene?